AbleVets is currently seeking Cyber Security Analyst for an employment opportunity in support of the Department of Veteran's Affairs. AbleVets provides enterprise-wide cyber security services to support VA’s Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) in safeguarding VA’s information,systems and networks. Our cyber security experts apply proactive cyber offense and defense services to prevent, detect, contain, and rapidly remediate security threats against VA systems. This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security clearance.
The successful candidate must be well-versed in security operations, cyber security tools, intrusion detection, and secured networks. They will serve as an expert and be responsible for providing network and security operations technical analysis, assessment and recommendations in the areas of real-time security situational awareness, operational network system and applications systems security monitoring. Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Monitoring various security tools (e.g., Splunk, Palo Alto Networks, SourceFire, Cisco ASA) to identify potential incidents, network intrusions, and malware events, etc. to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of VA architecture and information systems are protected
• Reviewing and analyzing log files to report any unusual or suspect activities
• Utilizing incident response use-case standard operating procedures to follow established and repeatable processes for triaging and escalating
• Generating trouble tickets and performing initial validation and triage to determine whether incidents are security events using open source intelligence (OSINT)
• Following established incident response procedures to ensure proper escalation, analysis and resolution of security incidents
• Reporting incidents to US CERT and providing detailed information for use in after action reports
• Analyzing and correlating incident event data to develop preliminary root cause and corresponding remediation strategy
• Providing technical support for new detection capabilities, recommendations to improve upon existing tools/capabilities to protect the VA network, and assessments for High Value Assets
• Supporting on-site during one of the following shift times:
6:30AM – 3:30PM
Tue - Sat
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.