AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced and motivated Virtualization Engineer. This position is located on site at our customer's facility Charleston, SC.
The Virtualization Engineer role will provide design, installation and support for virtualized server technologies based upon the VMware platform. Hardware knowledge will include Cisco UCS infrastructure as well as other bare metal technologies. Installation and support of various Server Operating Systems is also a prime goal of this position. Ability to support a 24x7 operation, with previous hospital experience being preferred.
• Design/Build/Maintain Enterprise class VMware environments of 3000+ servers
• Ability to load and configure ESXi environments as well as server operating systems
• Interaction with business partners, product owners and customers from support through design levels.
• Documentation of systems, processes and procedures
• Completion of projects, change management and incident management tasks as assigned
• Participation in audit reviews including assurance of SOX compliance
• Monitoring and alerting of systems and capacity management
Bachelor’s degree with minimum six (6) years of experience. An additional six (6) years of related experience maybe substituted for degree requirement.
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.